SubjectHarware requirements for writing a device driver / Virtual channel between devices
Date
Hi,
I a newbie writing device drivers as part of my college project.
This seems like a silly question for gurus. Help me out .

Question :
1. What are the Hardware/Technical detail that one should be aware of
before writing a device driver ?(specifically for serial devices)
2. Is it possible for providing virtual channel b/w two devices (like b/w
sound device and network device ) for reducing delay for data transfer . If
at all it can be done , what are possible solutions

Any help in this would be acknowledged . Please cc me your comments/answers
.

Regards,
Madan A S

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.027 / U:1.136 seconds]