SubjectCrypto
Hello Linux kernal and Mozilla lists,

Sorry for the cross posting, but I have been asked by members of both lists
whether now would be a good time to add cryptography to open source
programs and urged to post my reply to the list. As some of you may know,
I served as the lead attorney in the Bernstein case challenging the
government's regulation of encryption technology.

Although the regulations as issued in January (and the modifications
proposed recently by BXA) are still overly complex and problematic, they do
provide some real opportunities to include strong cryptography in public,
nonprofit open source projects.

If any of you would be interested in pursuing the question further, I'd be
happy to discuss it. Please feel free to drop me an e-mail or give me a call.

Cindy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.025 / U:0.180 seconds]