SubjectRe: ext3-0.0.2e released
Date
Kinda off-topic, but when I was doing data analysis at CERN we were all finding
it very difficult to work with the very cranky FORTRAN code that was written
by the experiment and many other people through the years.

I wrote this proposal for my experiment, that we redo our software in C++:

http://www.scruz.net/~crawford/Smc94-6/smctitle.html

the experiment didn't feel it was the right time for that, being near the
end of the run, but I think I might have raised a little consciousness of
good software practice both from my visit there and from writing the proposal.

What sort of state is high-energy physics software in nowadays? I think the
Gismo toolkit I spoke about in my paper never got finished. Is cheetah used
for data interchange?

Mike Crawford
crawford@goingware.com
http://www.goingware.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.099 / U:1.136 seconds]