SubjectRe: Want to help with NTFS
Tim,

If you want to help coding rather than just debugging then please feel free
to have a look at the rather large amount of fixmes in the code... - And
they are not everything that needs doing either. - I am too busy at the
moment but I am going to be on holiday towards the third third of the month
so I was thinking of doing some cleaning-up then. If I actually get
something done you are welcome to try the results and debug the bugs.

At 22:00 06/07/2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
>There are several folks working on it. Anton (I cannot spell his last

Jeff,

Don't worry about my last name. - Even I have problems when having to spell
it out without seing it written down, especially in English... (-;

>name) and Steve Dood are currently doing most of the work. When NWFS is
>completed and finally checked in, I was planning to clean it up and
>correct the on-disk structures and put in the real NTFS journal. The
>person to ask would be Alan Cox.

That would be great. More so since you seem to be the only person who
actually has the ms ntfs specs and hence the only person who actually knows
what the on-disk structures are... - The information I have at least is
gathered from various books and sources and is not quite complete or may
very well be wrong in places.

Anton

[snip rest to shorten the mail]

--

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he
learned in school." - Albert Einstein

--
Anton Altaparmakov Voice: 01223-333541(lab) / 07712-632205(mobile)
Christ's College eMail: AntonA@bigfoot.com