SubjectRe: Kernel build-in request
From
On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 08:57:20AM +0800, Stanley Tai wrote:
> Dear Sir:
>
> How are you? Our company is a SCSI card producer, we would like to
> request for a driver kernel build-in (Linux OS will recognize our
> ACARD products). Therefore, our hardware will be compatibility with
> your Linux OS which will automatically detect and install driver, user
> do not need to put our driver disk to install it. We hope you could
> help us with our request. Please find the attachment files for our
> drivers.

If you want something to be included into the main kernel tree, you have
to send it to Linus Torvalds. And you don't send the single files
(besides, the .o file must not be included) but a patch against the most
recent kernel sources (unified diff format, created by "diff -u ..."),
including _all_ files. You are missing patches for
drivers/scsi/Makefile, drivers/scsi/Config.in and
Documentation/Configure.help.

--
Andreas E. Bombe <andreas.bombe@munich.netsurf.de> DSA key 0x04880A44
http://home.pages.de/~andreas.bombe/ http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/