    SubjectRe: [RFC][Long][Horror story] Mount flags

    On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:

    > Oh Alexander - please shut up, you are dishonest.
    > You understand what I have said, no need to attack
    > a strawman of your own invention.

    Excuse me? What strawman? If you want it spelled out - here it comes:

    a) the scheme you've described will work
    b) it's ugly
    c) try to write down the full description and see how it will look like
    d) I mean _full_ description, not one with all warts omitted

    From your reaction it looks like the variant in your posting wasn't supposed
    to be such a beast. Fine. Could you please demonstrate a snippet of manpage
    describing the proposed semantics of "flags" in your variant of mount(2)?
    Sorry, probably that's how I should formulate the question from the very
    beginning. If you can make it complete and not ugly - you have my sincere
    apologies, but I don't see how it can be done.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.040 / U:1.076 seconds]