SubjectRe: Proposal: /lib/modules/<version> matching /usr/src/linux
On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 07:13:58PM -0700, Adam J. Richter wrote:
> I would like to be able to have a utility that can do
> things like make a boot disk for with "all wireless ethernet drivers",
> "all IDE drivers", and which would have to include a list of
> modules in the sources that would have to be updated with each
> source code release. The current module layout, which puts most
> hardware drivers in "misc", prevents this. I would like to change
> the layout of /lib/modules/<version> to mirror the layout of
> /usr/src/linux.

Do you mean /usr/src/linux/drivers ? If so, I think it's a reasonable
idea as well but it would seem that this heirarchy itself could use some
reorganzation. For instance, there are directories for block and char,
yet other block and character devices live outside these directories.

Why is this new heirarchy required for your boot disks? Couldn't you
make your own heirarchy within, say, an XML file for your application?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.042 / U:0.128 seconds]