    SubjectRe: 2.4.0-test2-ac2 FAT oops
    On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

    Andre,

    > This is a bad skew in the timing between the drive, cable, host.

    Ooh.

    > I forgot the hardware you have but if it has a hwif->speedproc then we are

    Abit BP6 + IBM-DPTA-353750 (Abit provided ATA/66 connector cable).

    > in good shape for it to auto down-grade the transfer to a stable point
    > were the iCRC errors stop.

    The kernel warning messages won't stop until the banging(*) stops.

    (*) "hdparm -T -t" or anything I/O sensitive with a read/write buffer
    below 1 MB/or so (I don't know what the exact figure is, but it is
    reproducible).

    > What do you mean that it will not run for a long period of time?
    > DeadLock?

    No, just that I can't run the kernel in question because my network
    modules won't compile. I'm sorry if I misslead you.

    BTW, Mark Hahn had some interesting H/W points (from a private E-mail) I
    have to check before I file my next failure report to you/l-k (I don't
    have access to the H/W in question right now, but I will test it later
    in the week).

    Samuli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.022 / U:0.048 seconds]