    SubjectRe: sysconf (was Re: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs)
    Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> writes:

    > There is only a stupid push to try to be more generic than anybody
    > actually needs! It makes glibc slower and bigger than it needs to be, and
    > quite frankly I don't see the point of having a system call that returns
    > the value "32".

    It will not return 32 in all cases, that's the whole point. I will
    save this mail and send it to all the people who complain about this.
    There are lots of people who need larger numbers of groups. If you
    don't need such a large number doesnot mean nobody needs it.