SubjectRe: 2.4.0-test4 Out Of Memory ?!
"Justin C. Ferguson" <> writes:

> When last we left our heros, they were speaking of:
> I tried recompiling with the CPU type set to 586 this morning,
> and got the same results, as well as when I tried adding mem=224m on the
> lilo boot command line. No go. :-< Anyone else have advice? I'm beginning
> to wonder if maybe it isn't a processor or MoBo problem, but I don't want to
> spend the money for a new one right now, so I'm hoping somebody will
> have some other suggestions.

I had the same problem using a zImage and I have now switched to a
bzImage version of the kernel. So far, I had not used the bzImage
version because I was unable to boot it with LILO. I have switched to
GRUB and I can successfully boot version 2.4.0-test4. You are using a
zImage, aren't you?

I think you should:

1. build a bzImage version,
2. install GRUB on a floppy
3. try to boot that version using GRUB.

I hope this is of some help,

"Man is distinguished from all other creatures by
the faculty of laughter."
- Joseph Addison