SubjectBlock Layer File/FS Replication?
Howdy folks,
So far, from what I can see, Coda is my only way of going. While Intermezzo
looks to do exactly what I&nbsp;want, it is not mature enough yet.
replication module.&nbsp; But I'll be damned if I&nbsp;can decide on the
best way of doing so.
- n.&nbsp; Each minor in this case could represent an individual&nbsp;
(configurable) file system.
on a parameter, which would contain the block data, inode, and an offset.&nbsp;
Proc file to start/stop replication.
pseudo-device, and transfer block information to a (multiple) servers running
listeners.
that's trivial.&nbsp; I've also tossed around the idea of using raid 1over
a network block device, but I see visions of caching issues with that one
already.
<pre>--&nbsp;
Jeff McNeil
Sr. Systems Engineer
Interland, Inc.
(678)365-2807</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.027 / U:0.028 seconds]