    SubjectRe: Linux GPL violations.
    On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 02:40:48AM +0200, Andreas Bombe wrote:

    > > Hmm. I don't know for sure that a product using Linux must state
    > > that it does, however if you know it does and can prove that, I
    > > believe you can ask them for the source, and the source of any
    > > modifications must be provided.
    > If they distribute GPL software in binary form they do have to either
    > include the source or a written offer for the source. GPL clause 3 a)
    > and b). If they don't include source and don't lose a word about that
    > they are violating the license.

    4. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program
    except as expressly provided under this License. Any attempt
    otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is
    void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License.

    In other words they don't have a license anymore, so sue them for piracy.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.692 / U:0.824 seconds]