SubjectRe: [ANN] Linux Kernel Source Reference
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 06:36:42PM +0000, Thomas Graichen wrote:
> i just want to let you all know that there is now a small public
> service i just (half :-) finished setting up which i called
>
> The Linux Kernel Source Reference
>
> it's basically a cvs tree with all linux versions starting from
> 1.0 until the latest one with a cvsweb www frontend and pserver
> remote functionality on top of it ... this way you can easily
> get or diff or whatever any ever released i(since 1.0 :-) version
> of the linux kernel source ... just have a look at it at
>
> http://innominate.org/~graichen/projects/lksr/
>
> ... maybe you find it useful for studying the code, looking
> at changes, encircling bugs or other things (maybe just using
> cvs update instead of patching the kernel) ...
>
> all this is work in progress - so it will be more improved and
> better documented soon and - if more people should use it - will
> maybe get it's own machine (pserver access is limited to 5 parallel
> sessions for now - but will be increased if required - so don't
> give up and try it again some days later if it should always be
> busy)
>
> if you find any problems or bugs in it or have ideas or
> improvements feel free to mail me ... have fun

Is the entire repository available to download as a tgz file?

I've always wanted to have a CVS repository with all the kernel
versions sitting locally so that it is relatively fast. Combine
that with auto-updating when new kernels are released -- that
would be kick-ass.

dave...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.058 / U:0.072 seconds]