    SubjectRe: [ANN] Linux Kernel Source Reference
    On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 06:36:42PM +0000, Thomas Graichen wrote:
    > i just want to let you all know that there is now a small public
    > service i just (half :-) finished setting up which i called
    >
    > The Linux Kernel Source Reference
    >
    > it's basically a cvs tree with all linux versions starting from
    > 1.0 until the latest one with a cvsweb www frontend and pserver
    > remote functionality on top of it ... this way you can easily
    > get or diff or whatever any ever released i(since 1.0 :-) version
    > of the linux kernel source ... just have a look at it at
    >
    > http://innominate.org/~graichen/projects/lksr/
    >
    > ... maybe you find it useful for studying the code, looking
    > at changes, encircling bugs or other things (maybe just using
    > cvs update instead of patching the kernel) ...
    >
    > all this is work in progress - so it will be more improved and
    > better documented soon and - if more people should use it - will
    > maybe get it's own machine (pserver access is limited to 5 parallel
    > sessions for now - but will be increased if required - so don't
    > give up and try it again some days later if it should always be
    > busy)
    >
    > if you find any problems or bugs in it or have ideas or
    > improvements feel free to mail me ... have fun

    Is the entire repository available to download as a tgz file?

    I've always wanted to have a CVS repository with all the kernel
    versions sitting locally so that it is relatively fast. Combine
    that with auto-updating when new kernels are released -- that
    would be kick-ass.

    dave...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.020 / U:393.232 seconds]