SubjectRe: Direct access to hardware
On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> > Specifically, it is public record that a distribution shipping without a
> > taskfile filter in ATA and SCSI (I have this now) to carry copablity of
> > knowingly with intent to sell product that allows no protection for
> > improper calls to the hardware.
>
> 1) You appear to be blackmailing distro vendors

I am not attempting anything like this, just provide the option to prevent
you new customers for doing stupid things and you having to clean up the
mess! This may include you buying replacement computer systems.

I will be at LinuxWorld EXPO SanJose.
Anybody wanting a piece of MY ASS............
Because I want a piece of your's for this statement, if this is what you
truly meant.

> 2) You can always damage hardware with your OS, with the right
> permissions. Live with it.

Looks like we will have too..........

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.189 / U:0.360 seconds]