    From: "Andre Hedrick" <>
    > > The kernel simply can't be expected to protect hardware from itself. If
    > > a piece of hardware can be made to destroy itself, it's bad hardware,
    > > not bad kernel programming.
    > And if you REDLINE YOUR car for an HOUR and the engine blows is that bad
    > hardware?? Did I forget that you removed the rev-eliminator??
    > May caused by an abussive both case.

    If you remove the rev-limiter, then by your own analogy you've removed
    the hard drive's own hardware based protection against bad commands.
    Which happens to be the case. Which is why some people are calling
    for this problem to be fixed in hardware, not the kernel.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.019 / U:3.884 seconds]