SubjectRe: disk-destroyer.c

You can issue commands to the controller but I will not disclose the
address involved to allow anyone to do that......
Now the controller is the translator of the driver to the drive and
likewise. It will do what you tell it to do.

> The kernel simply can't be expected to protect hardware from itself. If
> a piece of hardware can be made to destroy itself, it's bad hardware,
> not bad kernel programming.

And if you REDLINE YOUR car for an HOUR and the engine blows is that bad
hardware?? Did I forget that you removed the rev-eliminator??

May caused by an abussive both case.
The ATA-DRIVER can be used to abuse hardware.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy