    SubjectRe: TO HELL WITH IT THEN......(re: disk-destroyer.c)
    On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

    > If you try to pass raw taskfile command to the drive and you have no clue.
    > The hardware will BUCK 99% of the time.
    >
    > Using the kernel IOCTL, it BUCKS 5% of the time and the damage is done.
    > Baically, you want me to continue helping you destroy your hardware.
    > I will not be a part of that!

    Care to give a little better explanation? What do you mean by
    'BUCK'?

    > Do you allow USB to send unrestricted commands that will damage the
    > hardware?
    >
    > You know that I can publish how to take Linux down with the current IOCTLs
    > and ROOT can not stop the attack. If this is what it takes to bring Linux
    > to it's knees gain the needed protection I may consider it.

    This is *exactly* why you're having problems. Threatening people is
    *not* going to help. You're using FUD tactics to try and get your way and
    it should not *ever* work. It's immoral and wrong. You want people to
    consider your patch? Show it's merits, don't threaten them that you'll
    try and destroy them if you don't get your way.

    Stephen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.021 / U:0.956 seconds]