Subjectpcmcia problem went away after reboot
On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 02:30:35PM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> > We have two PCMCIA network cards installed just for getting network
> > access (we only have one IP so we needed NAT).
>
> I have no idea what is causing your troubles with two NICs (some
> problems in interrrupt handling would be my best guess) but you
> definitely DO NOT need two network cards for NAT, or at least for
> masquerading.

I know that. The problem was more that we needed a hub with both
BNC and RJ45. As we did not have something like that we used a notebook
to provide a router to the BNC internal network.

If we had a hub with support for both network cables we would have
been able to get official IPs for all of the systems per DHCP.

> It would be interesting to know what will happen if you configure
> IP aliasing in your kernel and put both networks on the same card.
> I know that this is possible as I am doing it. :-)

As you can see it was not possible in this case :)

> p.s. if you post such questions that assorted information on your
> hardware (what NICs, for example) and software (versions) is definitely
> in order

Sorry, forgot about that *arg*

We were using kernel 2.2.15 with two ne2k compatible cards. Anyway, the
problem magically went away after reboot. I can only guess that it was
a problem with the pcmcia bus of that notebook.

Thanks for your help

Torsten

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.022 / U:1.284 seconds]