SubjectPCMCIA and two network cards
Hi *,

I am just sitting on a notebook which we are using as a simple router
for the local linux installation party. I noticed something strange
when installing this system.

We have two PCMCIA network cards installed just for getting network
access (we only have one IP so we needed NAT). The interesting part
is that we are getting >700kB to the external net but the internal net
runs only at like 70kB per second on the same type of card. But if we
take the external card out of the system the internal speed increases
to the full 900kB per second.

I wonder what can be causing this. I don't have this system available
for a longer time period otherwise I would like to find the problem.
I am only hoping that this information is helpful in case somebody
is trying to fix the cause of this problem :)

cu
Torsten

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.068 / U:0.080 seconds]