SubjectRe: TO HELL WITH IT THEN......(re: disk-destroyer.c)
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 bodnar42@bodnar42.dhs.org wrote:
>
> > The last thing the kernel needs to do is protect hardware from root's
> > applications.
>
> You know what, if you compile the full taskfile option into the kernel,
> ROOT can screw itself into a throbbing orgasm, but a limited access for
> general use has to be the default to protect all of the newbies!

The newbies that are writing proggies that use ioctl() to send low level
IDE commands directly to a drive? I agree that if a clueless newbie has
the ability to send direct IDE commands, they should be filtered, but the
kernel level is not the place to do this.

Later,
Ryan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.152 / U:1.248 seconds]