    SubjectRe: scsi-destroyer.c to come...
    On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, David Luyer wrote:
    > So what?
    >
    > It is _much_ easier to do "cat </dev/zero >/dev/sda"
    > and about as likely to be effective.
    >
    > David.
    But how often is a program with a bug in it likely to execute this
    command? Lets say some program has a buffer overflow somewhere and it
    ends up clobbering the section of memory that holds the bits for the
    ioctl. Suddenly your data is gone and your left clueless. My question is
    what functionality are you going to lose by have some sanity checking in
    the kernel? Yes I know you can fiddle with /dev/mem etc..but this is know
    where near as likely to be triggered by a buggy program now is it?

    Aaron

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:3.376 / U:0.240 seconds]