SubjectRe: disk-destroyer.c

David the is not directed at you please understand.

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, David Ford wrote:

> Speaking of such, are there any utils that allow me to do a lowlevel on an IDE
> drive? If not, how feasible is the task of writing one?

Yes, but I refuse to ever publish or explain the benefit and power of the
tools until I can get this code accepted. It is a real bitch to write,
because they are codependented on the kernel reacting correctly.

At this point I have no interest in publishing a finished patch to TASK
and allow people to have fuller and more robust control over the kernel.

Basically screw the project!

But would you like to know the predictive write caching of a given drive
to optimize things like the BLOCK_ELEVATOR, basically make it intellegent.
You know I can do this for SCSI but screw that project too!

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.123 / U:0.116 seconds]