    SubjectRe: The big IDE fight in a different light
    I can assure you he isn't the first person to discover a way to physically
    destroy a disk via software. It's not hard.... I can think of 3 or 4 ways
    to do it right off the top of my head.

    The way I figure it, Andre is the expert on this topic. If he says that
    his driver is allowing a violation of the spec which has some nasty
    consequences, then we should listen to him.

    I just wish I could help test his patch... but I don't have any machines
    available for testing that... everything is allready allocated to other
    products (or production environments).

    Matt

    --
    Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm@one-eyed-alien.net
    Senior Engineer, QCP Inc. Work: mdharm@qcpi.com

    C: They kicked your ass, didn't they?
    S: They were cheating!
    -- The Chief and Stef
    User Friendly, 11/19/1997

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:5.137 / U:0.012 seconds]