Subject[patch] smbfs update to 2.2.17-pre13

Hello

Patch vs 2.2.17-pre13 for smbfs

http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbfs-2.2.17-pre13.patch.gz

* Tidying some more debug printks (%.*s to get reasonable output &
__FUNCTION__ to make things fit in one line).

* use linux/ctype.h definition of 'tolower'

* disable smbfs directory cache for all servers to make it see changes
made on the server (treat NT like 95). (Matt Maynard)

* aDIR flag to allow renaming directories on OS/2 (win95?), fix from
smbclient. (Matt Maynard)

* fix 2 places where smbfs trust the server data to be correct and reads
outside the allocated buffer if the server is being "creative" in its
response (Oops ... quite literally).

Alan, assuming that there will be a 2.2.17-pre14 I'd like to see this
patch included.

In the hope that this message has caught the attention of people willing
to test smbfs patches I'll mention my "features" patch that adds support
for:
OS/2 lanman2 <something> server
should work, assuming 2.2.14/15 did.
nls
old patch + selectable default codepages in 'make config'
(need smbmount ioctl hack to enable per-mount setup, I assume most
people don't actually need that. Export defaults through /proc
and allow changing it through that? maybe).
recieve timeouts
avoid processes "hanging" (killable, but not interruptable) on
mounts from disconnected servers.

http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbfs-features-2.2.17-pre13.patch.gz

This patch goes on top of the other. Testers + feedback wanted.

/Urban

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.028 / U:0.904 seconds]