SubjectRe: [patch-2.4.0-test5-pre3] struct inode shortened

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> > You're a sad puppy.
> >
> > Linus
> I am sorry if I did or said something wrong - I spent all day looking at
> various parts of the source code (looking for the solution to knfsd
> problem we discussed and trying to understand Neil's new ideas) and
> whenever I saw something untidy, even as trivial as this, I send you the
> correction immediately.

I wasn't serious.

It was a comment to your "if you have a million inodes it's a lot of bits"

Considering that the inode is probably 200+ bytes, the million inodes case
is fairly scary. And the 4 bytes won't be that noticeable..

You'd save more by making the quota stuff go away when quotas aren't