    SubjectRe: TO HELL WITH IT THEN......(re: disk-destroyer.c)
    Date
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:09:19 -0700 (PDT) you sent this message:

    >I try to provide a protective layer to the hardware and everybody says it
    >is not needed.

    Perhaps you were not explaining your position clearly. I gathered that the
    behavior, as described, was perfectly valid, just dangerous. You, on the
    other hand, are now clarifying that the behavior of the system, when those
    bytes were sent, is not correct. In other words, it's possible for the
    system to 'accidentally' fry a hard drive... is this correct?

    If so, then obviously it should be fixed.

    If, however, it is merely a very specific sequence of commands that would
    never occur in the real world, can only be sent as root, and then fry the
    hard drive... I'm not certain that's very important. I'm sure there are a
    billion and one ways to fry the system if you're trying to, one more will
    not make a difference.

    Myrddin

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.018 / U:150.360 seconds]