Subjectbooting from 2nd scsi controller?
Date

Hi,

I have a linux box which has two scsi controllers, which get assigned
scsi0 and scsi1. The system is on a disk drive hanging from scsi1,
which is usually sda. Trouble is, if I put a disk drive on scsi0, that
drive gets mapped to sda rather than the drive on scsi1 and the system
fails to boot.

First, what dictates which controller gets assigned to scsi0 or scsi1?
The I/0 address or the IRQ? Or something else? In either case, these
can't be changed easily from the card's bioses. So...

What is the proper syntax for passing the linux kernel what I want the
appropriate device to be? Following some examples of this from the
web for the same problem but with ide controllers, I tried:

linux scsi0=0xD800

(passing the I/O of the controller I wanted to be scsi0) but that
didn't work.

What is the correct syntax?

I'm don't subscribe so please cc me personally at:
jim@phyast.pitt.edu

Thanks for any help,

jim