SubjectRe: D-Link DFE-570TX: driver issues w/ tulip and de4x5
On Donald Becker's site there are other files beside the driver you
compiled, they are needed in order to load the driver.

They are pci-scan.{c,h} and kernel_compat.h,
pci-scan will be another module and will export the simbols in question.