SubjectRe: 2.4.0-test4, tulip, dhcpcd
Date
> I reported this problem with 2.4.0-test2. The tulip is recognized during
> bootup, but when I login, the ifconfig command shows nothing for eth0.
> So, I executed this, which makes the eth0 device look like it did with
> 2.3.99-pre3:

For some time now (haven't tested with the latest) my tulip chip works with
the de4x5 driver but not the tulip driver. But if I compile in both, the tulip
driver claims the chip.

I think I have a DEC 21143 chip.

The screwy thing is the tulip driver did work sometime in the past when I pulled
a development version off the author's web page and put it in a 2.2.13 kernel.
Whatever did work doesn't work anymore.

It's not that big a problem because I can use the other driver. But it is
confusing, because the tulip driver which doesn't work says it should work for
my chip.

Mike
crawford@goingware.com
http://www.goingware.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.049 / U:0.324 seconds]