SubjectWho else is having alpha boot problems?
Date
(Tom is bcc'd on this message to avoid address farming)

I've not had a bootable kernel since -test3 on PC164 (from memory). I've had
a mail from Tom Holroyd who hasn't been able to boot his DP264 in that time
as well, but with differing symptoms to me.

When I try to boot, I get the milo

line, and some disk activity, which I assume is the kernel coming in. Then
nothing. Serial console does not help. I've tried a mostly module-free
kernel to avoid any lkm weirdnesses, but that's not it.

From reading Tom's mail, he gets boot messages, but the kernel panics when
it cannot find init. Is that an accurate assessment Tom?

Is there something that should be regressed? Happy to debug, given
guidance - it's a development machine. Is there a remote gdb possibility in
this situation?

thanks,

Andrew van der Stock, ajv@greebo.net http://www.greebo.net
SAGE-AU President http://www.sage-au.org.au

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.080 / U:0.024 seconds]