SubjectRe: devfs question
In <> John Covici ( wrote:
> Hi. I was reading the readme in the 2.4.0-test2 kernel documentation
> tree for defs when I ran into the following mysterious passage

Grrr. There are STILL described this gaping security hole ? Hosh. You should
use recent enough util-linux and add

instead (I do not remeber well with which version of linux-utils you can
safely use devfs and allow root to use consoles but NOT ptys and serial
ports in the same time). For old linux-utils this suggestion is unsecure
and for new ones it's PLAIN WRONG so what's the point ?