    SubjectRe: SIG: sigpending lied
    Andrew Park wrote:
    > Under which circumstances
    > SIG: sigpending lied
    > gets produced? When I applied Virtual Server patch against 2.2.16,
    > I got the above message. I backed out the patch, but I'd like to know
    > what's going on.

    I saw this once on a little 486 gateway we had when we added knfsd. We
    upgraded kernels regularly and upgraded knfsd stuff, but it persisted
    across several updates. I can't even remember if the problem eventually
    went away or not, because 1) we stoped worrying about it; and 2) that
    486 has been retired for a few months now, so I can't go check to see if
    the problem's still there. It was running 2.2.15-pre10, IIRC, when it
    finally was decomissioned.

    Back when I cared about the problem I searched the newsgroups and this
    list's archives, and found essentially no info on why it happens. I
    suspect it's some deep kernel bug that's hit in very odd and differing
    circumstances, but since it apparently causes no noticeable problems
    (not for us, at any rate) no one's gotten interested enough to go chase
    the problem.
    = Warren -- ICBM Address: 36.8274040 N, 108.0204086 W, alt. 1714m

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.019 / U:16.988 seconds]