SubjectSome definite problems with test3 and test4
Hi all,

I've seen some definite problems with the two latest test kernels. The
last one to work properly for me is 2.4.0-test2-ac2, anything after that
is a bust.

Common to both:

- BT848 driver will not compile or work unless the patch that I've
posted several times is applied to videodev.c. This has been kicking
around for a while and was part of the AC patches, but never the main
patches.

- The Voodoo3 DRI driver (tdfx.o) from XFree96 4.0.1 (from the DRI site)
will compile, but is useless with many unresolved symbols. The current
driver in the kernel source is massively out of date and X will not
accept it and that causes accelerated 3D to be turned off. Interesting
catch 22... The driver from the DRI site works perfectly fine with
test2-ac2.

Test4:

- The console is nearly pitch black, I couldn't see a thing without
playing with contrast and brightness on my monitor, which hasn't
required adjustment since I first attached it to my machine.

If more information is needed, I'd be happy to send it.

Thanks,
John

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.068 / U:0.456 seconds]