    SubjectRe: CD_Rom problems (fwd)
    Sorry about the seriousness comment... I wasn't trying to be snotty... You
    guys really are the best in the world and deserve more credit than you all
    get.

    I believe what I was writing is...

    int main () {
    int file;
    int stats;
    file = open("/dev/hdd", O_RDONLY | O_NONBLOCK);
    ioctl(file, CDROM_GET_CAPABILITY, & stats);
    if (stats && CDC_SELECT_DISC)
    printf("Success!\n");
    else
    printf("<DOH!> Something went wrong\n");
    return 0;
    }

    I always get the same result no cd-changer support is found. This was not
    the case with 2.2.14. I am assuming that CDC_SELECT_DISC is correct. I
    am not at my machine where I wrote this code so it may not be what I
    actually have.

    My CD-Changer is a NEC 8x4 disc changer and the vendor string is correctly
    detected. Could this be because I have a burner in the first IDE
    chain /dev/hdb. My changer is /dev/hdd. I know that I have written code
    that gets messed up on an assumption that assumes too much based on order
    of inputs. (Assembler I implemented...)

    Just a thought..

    Anyway thanks, your response was much quicker than I had hoped.

    Dave