SubjectRe: CD_Rom problems (fwd)
Sorry about the seriousness comment... I wasn't trying to be snotty... You
guys really are the best in the world and deserve more credit than you all
get.

I believe what I was writing is...

int main () {
int file;
int stats;
file = open("/dev/hdd", O_RDONLY | O_NONBLOCK);
ioctl(file, CDROM_GET_CAPABILITY, & stats);
if (stats && CDC_SELECT_DISC)
printf("Success!\n");
else
printf("<DOH!> Something went wrong\n");
return 0;
}
I always get the same result no cd-changer support is found. This was not
the case with 2.2.14. I am assuming that CDC_SELECT_DISC is correct. I
am not at my machine where I wrote this code so it may not be what I
actually have.

My CD-Changer is a NEC 8x4 disc changer and the vendor string is correctly
detected. Could this be because I have a burner in the first IDE
chain /dev/hdb. My changer is /dev/hdd. I know that I have written code
that gets messed up on an assumption that assumes too much based on order
of inputs. (Assembler I implemented...)

Just a thought..

Anyway thanks, your response was much quicker than I had hoped.

Dave