    SubjectRe: CD_Rom problems (fwd)
    On Wed, Jul 12 2000, Dave wrote:
    > I sent this to the wrong place.... What can I do to help remedy this
    > problem...<cd-driver>
    > The ide_cdrom module seems to have something wrong with it in 2.2.16. It
    > is incorrectly reporting tha my cd_changer is not a changer and therefore
    > I cannot change the active slot.

    Can you send me the lines from the device detection and when ide-cd
    is loaded? It seems that support for _some_ changers are broken,
    while others do work.

    > I have downloaded the patch from and rebuilt everything
    > <kernel, my software> and nothing has changed. I wrote the maintainer
    > about this problem about two days ago but I need to make sure this is
    > taken seriously so I was told to write here.

    Got the mail yesterday -- all reports are taken seriously, private
    or not.

    * Jens Axboe <>
    * SuSE Labs

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.019 / U:6.124 seconds]