SubjectRe: [linux-audio-dev] lowish-latency patch and toolchain
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Helge Hafting wrote:

>>But it has allready been said for example that the need to delete
>>large files (a don't do that) exists for audio apps. So while
>>the latency may possibly be there, the rest of the requirements
>>are not..
>
>The audio app may need to delete large files, but it can
>be smart about it. I.e. don't delete the file while
>recording. Put it on an internal to-do list,
>and delete when time-critical sound processing
>stops for other reasons.

Sure, that would be fine - if only one application is running at
a given time. That would be acceptible to me, but I suppose
others might have a few apps running simultaneously... No
pleasing some people I suppose.. ;o)

--
Mike A. Harris Linux advocate
Computer Consultant GNU advocate

... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore
strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.147 / U:0.012 seconds]