SubjectRe: Gigabit NIC question.
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, [euc-kr] Kim DaeHo wrote:

> I am looking for gigabit NIC running on Linux 2.0.36.
> (the version is importent.)
>
> and, I found the Packet Engines "Yellowfin". but,
> purchasing is difficult in South Korea.
>
> Would you suggest other gigabit NIC with nice
> performance ?

The Packet Engines "Hamachi" has a driver that works 1.2.* through 2.3.*,
but you will encounter the same problem with the newer Hamchi boards as with
the Yellowfin boards: Alcatel bought P-E for their switch technology, and
seems determined to kill off the NIC products.

> Could anyone explain me how to port gigabit NIC driver
> from the 2.2.x to 2.0.36 ?
..
> PS. I'm so sorry that my last mail is encoded base64.

That echoing silence wasn't from bad mail encoding, it was because
demonstrating an interest in backwards compatibility or API stability pretty
much disqualifies someone from future kernel development.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Scyld Computing Corporation http://www.scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210 Beowulf Clusters / Linux Installations
Annapolis MD 21403

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.052 / U:0.284 seconds]