SubjectRe: [linux-audio-dev] lowish-latency patch and toolchain
Date
>From:	"Khimenko Victor" <khim@sch57.msk.ru>
>> compilation option in Linux source tree, so that it comes with every
>> Linux distribution. That would be __a real compromize__!
>
>Huh. You joking, right ? Low-latency patch was not accepted since it'll make
>kernel maintainance nightmare (this not the only reason, but main reason).
>And this patch as kernel compilation option will affect kernel maintainance
>MORE not less then just patch without compilation option.

Low-latency patch was not accepted as a patched patch -- put in to the
kernel. I were talking about a separate patch file kept out of kernel
but distributed with the kernel. But thanks for notifying it increases
the maintaining.

Well, I suggest we audio people maintain a separate patch against some
up-to-date kernel. The rule "if it works, don't fix it" seems to apply
perfectly to the Ingo's original patch. Now the latency jumped from 2.3 ms
to 7 ms, and unless the situation doesn't change, we better move to
the original patch.

Juhana

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:4.002 / U:0.028 seconds]