SubjectRe: Help in DSM design
mauro@alusis.ucb.edu.bo writes:
> Hi friends!
>
> I'm trying to develop a Dristributed Shared Memory sytem(DSM) using
> Linux. I was wondering myself if using IP for the protocol of the
> comunicationg nodes were correct?. I thing using IP will add so much
> bytes to the messages(actually packets) sent by the nodes. Will be
> better try another lighter protocol?. Could you also point me to
> other similar projects that are being develop? it will clear my
> ideas and help me with my problems

Ach! Not another DSM project :-( Don't do it. There's already a DSM
implementation for Linux, and besides, you're better off with a
message-passing interface. That way application coders can see how
costly operations are. Using DSM hides that, resulting in inefficient
code.

Regards,

Richard....
Permanent: rgooch@atnf.csiro.au
Current: rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.069 / U:0.240 seconds]