SubjectRe: Answer (Re: Cylinder limits jumper for drives over 32GB)
Hi!

> Second point, if I do set the "protected memory area" to retain the drive
> size, I have to guarentee that Linux will revert the drive capacity to a
> limit below the 32GB.........
>
> AGAIN, you expect LINUX to absorb the WRATH of FS DESTRUCTION, if for some
> reason you have to boot a resque-disk that does not have this little
> disk-inflator feature..........

What happens? Currently booted linux sees partition table horribly
wrong and refusing to mount partitions that span last 8Gig. Where is
the FS destruction?

> FS CORUPTION is one thing (accidently introduced and fixed)
> FS DESTRUCTION is another thing (caused by willful tinkering with a
> device)
Pavel
--
I'm pavel@ucw.cz. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."