SubjectRe: Location of shmfs; devfs automagics
In article <>,
Stephen C. Tweedie <> wrote:
>Really? I've got two machines here on which /dev/console is a hard
>link to /dev/ttyS0. I cannot have that functionality with devfs? No
Make the console a character device with major 5 minor 1 (that is
defined as the official /dev/console), compile the kernel with serial
console support and boot with "console=ttyS0".
Then you will get the kernel messages on ttyS0 as a bonus.

Windows never had any potential for soundness or beauty. If you decide to
build a motorcycle, and you start with a bathtub, no good will ever come of it.
-- Anonymous Coward