    SubjectRe: Slow pthread_create() under high load
    On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 04:27:42PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
    > yodaiken@fsmlabs.com writes:
    >
    > > Signals generated by processes outside the thread group can be directed
    > > to the manager thread which can then use the same mechanism to send
    > > them a second time, this time to the appropriate target.
    >
    > No. I've told you their is the signal context, data to transport and
    > whatever. This is not so easy. All your explanation of how you can
    > make it work depends on sending only the signal itself, without
    > additional information. This is not what is expected.

    I don't understand why we can't also send the remaining information using
    sigqueue. What specific information is missing?
    The manager gets a siqnal sent via kill: resend using kill.
    The manager gets a signal sent via sigqueue: resend via sigqueue

    > > I don't follow this problem. When SIGSTOP is sent to a process all threads
    > > are supposed to stop.
    > > manager_sigstop_handler:
    > > forall threads kill(thread_to_pid(thread),SIGSTOP);
    >
    > When did you receive SIGSTOP at the user level? This is a signal
    > processed in the kernel.

    Good point. POSIX semantics on this issue seem to forbid a user level
    solution. The problem can be handled for internal threads, but
    not when an external process sends SIGSTOP to a threaded process.
    I give up on this one.