SubjectRe: [2.3.99-pre3] via-rhine.o and gcc 2.95.2 doesn't get along
On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Stephane Casset wrote:

> I was about to try the same trick as you in your patch just to see... ;)
> Well at least I tested your patch... And it works !

Well, Justin deserves credit for finding where to start putting magic code
in the first place ... I only fixed code that I broke (well, gcc broke).

> > Also, generating a smaller (non-kernel) testcase for reporting this to the
> > gcc people might be a good thing to do, after checking if this is already
> > known of course. If someone wants to do that let me know, else I'll try
> > that later ...
>
> Yes, agreed.

For those following this, it appears to be fixed in the latest snapshot.
At least that is what the online GCC testing form says:
http://www.codesourcery.com/gcc-compile.html

/Urban

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans