    SubjectRe: Location of shmfs; devfs automagics
    Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > "H. Peter Anvin" wrote:
    > > The second is that devfs seems to think it is above the normal way of
    > > doing things (unlike ALL OTHER filesystems, including procfs and
    > > shmfs) and not only will mount itself on /dev automatically, but will
    > > do so *by default*. This is incredibly antisocial behaviour, and has
    > > no justification.
    > Agreed. This is why I don't build devfs when I build the MandrakeSoft
    > "hackkernel" package, containing the latest 2.3.x kernel and all its
    > features.
    Perhaps devfs should mount as "/devfs", and then the user can replace
    the /dev folder with a symlink to devfs _after_ he has installed devfsd.

    I guess the current configuration will be a major problem for upgrades.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.019 / U:77.524 seconds]