SubjectRe: Answer (Re: Cylinder limits jumper for drives over 32GB)
> Andries.........I have your answer to JUMPON.EXE.

That is good.
What is the answer?

The question was: What precisely does JUMPON.EXE do?

[No doubt it changes the firmware in such a way that the
jumper truncates LBAcapacity instead of the default logical
number of cylinders. But it does something more, and I
conjectured that it might effectively do a non-volatile
SET MAX ADDRESS so that we can do READ NATIVE MAX ADDRESS
and a volatile SET MAX ADDRESS and get rid of this restriction.
Is this indeed the case? ]

Andries

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans