    SubjectRe: Keyboard rate question..
    On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Harald Koenig wrote:

    >> On systems where one keyboard is shared between two or more
    >> computers, when you switch the mechanical switch from one machine
    >> to the next, the keyboard repeat rate gets reset to slowness.
    >>
    >> I'd like the keyboard to maintain my repeat rate across this if
    >> possible. I'd like it to be seamless - so no user needs to do
    >> anything. Thus I figured the best way would be to have the
    >> keyboard handler detect the keyboard disappearing and reappearing
    >> and reprogram the repeat rate. Another option would be to
    >> reprogram the repeat rate upon VC switch.
    >>
    >> Any other ideas? Sample code? I'd really appreciate it,
    >> thanks..
    >
    >fix the hardware switch so that it doesn't switch off power supply
    >for the keyboard even only for a short time:
    >
    >directly connect ground from one/more PC inlets to keyboard outlet
    >and connect one/more power supply pins from PC keyboard inlet
    >with a diode or each inlet to avoid short-circuits between
    >power supply lines of different PCs.

    Hmm.. That is an interesting solution. I can't try it right
    now, so I still need a software solution at least temporarily,
    but that could likely be a more permanent and useful solution.

    Thanks.
    TTYL

    --
    Mike A. Harris Linux advocate
    Computer Consultant GNU advocate

    I've overclocked my keyboard interface. It's quite messy dipping my
    hands into the mineral oil, but *MAN* is my keyboard ever fast now!
    - Anonymous Coward

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.024 / U:73.852 seconds]