SubjectRe: sound problems persist in 2.3.99pre3
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Yeah. Changing the Makefile.
> With module_init() the detection order is dependant on the link order.
> I thought, I've orderd the Makefile in the right way, bit this semms wrong...
> Could you please send patch with the right link order?

I can fix the specific problem I have, but what about a more generic
case. How about coming up with a list of "primary" cards and
"secondary" cards. Then we could specify that primary cards have to be
done first.

I'm not sure there's a clean way of doing this for the generic case.
Maybe we just need to document that for certain cards, functions such as
opl3 have to be modules so they get initialized in the correct order.

While we're on the subject, I notice that the old Readme.pas is gone
from the Documentation directory. Can I assume that this is because it
is mostly obsolete? Alan, once this issue is settled, would you accept
a patch from me for the PAS16 to go along with the other files in
linux/Documentation/sound?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.043 / U:0.208 seconds]