    SubjectRe: new IRQ scalability changes in 2.3.48
    From
       Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:09:10 +0000 (GMT)
    From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>

    > modules, but as I'm not a big believer in stable binary interfaces anyway
    > (binary modules are quite problematic as it is), I actually much prefer to
    > tell people that they have to recompile their modules if they change the
    > type of their kernel.

    This is actually something for the Makefile and config hackers to ponder
    actually: being able to pack a 2.4 extra module as source so that the
    end user (or their rpm, dpkg, slp,... tools) can type Make and the Make
    script can grab all the needed config from the kernel .config and module
    syms that are already present

    What would be *really* nice is if there were a file, say for example,
    /usr/src/linux/modules/Rules.make which could be simply included by
    stand-alone module maintainers in their Makefiles so they can grab all
    of the right .config and module symbols.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:2.512 / U:0.048 seconds]