    SubjectRe: [2.3.99pre2] [CORRUPTION] Doh! Corruption problems again...

    PLease repeat on SCSI-SCSI, SCSI-IDE and IDE-SCSI.
    There has been nothing in the driver that has change as it relates to IO.
    I want to know if it is true for the subsystem or of it is changes in the
    ./fs/* code.........

    ATA has 512-byte block sizes.

    On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Simon Kirby wrote:

    > Well, after happily copying about 25 GB worth of data between IDE drives
    > with 2.3.99pre2(non-prepre) thinking that 2.3 had all corruption problems
    > fixed, I found that I was mistaken. :)
    > This time it seems to be different than before...Corruption is starting
    > on non-1024-byte aligned boundaries, which is strange.
    > Attached are two text files (gzipped to reduce size), the first is the
    > original and the second is the one is the corrupted one (overwritten with
    > kernel data). Hmm...I wonder why I always see things overwritten with
    > kernel data...I must have a lot of copies of the kernel. :)
    > I'll do some more filesystem thrashing and see if I can reproduce it
    > easily as before, and if so, I'll do some binary searching again...
    > Simon-
    > [ Stormix Technologies Inc. ][ NetNation Communcations Inc. ]
    > [ ][ ]
    > [ Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employers. ]

    Andre Hedrick
    The Linux ATA/IDE guy

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.026 / U:85.776 seconds]