SubjectRe: [2.3.99pre2] [CORRUPTION] Doh! Corruption problems again...

PLease repeat on SCSI-SCSI, SCSI-IDE and IDE-SCSI.
There has been nothing in the driver that has change as it relates to IO.
I want to know if it is true for the subsystem or of it is changes in the
./fs/* code.........
ATA has 512-byte block sizes.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Simon Kirby wrote:

> Well, after happily copying about 25 GB worth of data between IDE drives
> with 2.3.99pre2(non-prepre) thinking that 2.3 had all corruption problems
> fixed, I found that I was mistaken. :)
> This time it seems to be different than before...Corruption is starting
> on non-1024-byte aligned boundaries, which is strange.
> Attached are two text files (gzipped to reduce size), the first is the
> original and the second is the one is the corrupted one (overwritten with
> kernel data). Hmm...I wonder why I always see things overwritten with
> kernel data...I must have a lot of copies of the kernel. :)
> I'll do some more filesystem thrashing and see if I can reproduce it
> easily as before, and if so, I'll do some binary searching again...
> Simon-
> [ Stormix Technologies Inc. ][ NetNation Communcations Inc. ]
> [ ][ ]
> [ Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employers. ]

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy