Subjectwriting to page 0 vs. BIOS (was: Re: Loading Linux from Linux - opinions)
Keith Owens wrote:
> See http://www.scyld.com/software/monte.html.

One thing that puzzles me is identity-mapping of page zero. If it works,
this is a very nice solution to that problem, much better than the mess
I currently have in bootimg. However, I vaguely remember reading that
parts of the BIOS may expect to find that first memory page untouched.
If this is the case, particularly APM and PCI may trip over it.

Maybe some of the APM and PCI gurus can comment ?

Thanks,
- Werner